Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Summer Art Camp


Hello, Strangers! It has been weeks since I've posted; yet, I've had other commitments with my children--all fourteen of them at summer art camp. This group of students gathered in Fayetteville, Texas to learn the art of quilling (also known as paper filigree). I must say, they were the most precious bunch I've had in my three years of doing this for the Art Guild of Rural Texas. These wonderful pupils, ages 5 through 12, made gorgeous Christmas and birthday cards, bookmarks, "quilled paintings," magnets, and even quilled flowerpots filled with quilled flowers. What a remarkably creative group! Scroll down to see more of my class holding a few of their pieces. I am truly looking forward to next summer's project (maybe advanced quilling???)....






No comments:

Post a Comment