Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Needle and Threads, No. 2


Oil on cradled panel--6x6--Commission
I adore getting commissions. Working with a client creates such a special relationship to the artwork. This particular painting is a new version of #1. I included the lettering found on some old wooden spools belonging to my mom and, as this is a gift for the client's friend, I even included her upcoming birthday as the 4-digit shade number. (Wonder how long it will take for her to notice....) These added "touches" can truly make a painting special. Now I think I need to add some lettering on the original canvas version....

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful little painting! I like those special touches. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very thoughtful details! You're right, that's what can make a commission piece so special.

    Hope all is well in TX!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for subject matter! Love that you incorporated the 'hidden meaning'. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete