Sunday, February 9, 2014

The Prairie Sky


Oil on Gallery-Wrapped Canvas
36x36

As promised, here is the final painting.  The barn and windmill are from our homestead in Schulenburg, Texas.  This kind of minimalist look is a definite departure for me; however, I am pleased with the results.  

I am still toying with the name.  The working title, "The Prairie Sky" is from the song, "Deep in the Heart of Texas":  
The prairie sky is wide and high
Deep in the heart of Texas

I've lived in this state for ten years and still don't know all the words (I am shocked that I haven't been sent packing!), yet that phrase keeps popping in my head when I look at this painting.  

Any other name ideas?  This isn't set in stone yet!  Let me know.  If I choose yours, I'll send an 8x8 print to you as a small token of appreciation.

I need to obtain a better photograph before providing purchase information (and will do another post on this blog at that time).  Please let me know if you would like to receive details as they become available later this week.  Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment